The protection of your personal data is important to us!
A few words about the Company's Websites
Www.petroemporiki.gr is the website of the Company, where the online store of exhibition and sale of products of the Company is located.
What is personal data
The term "personal data" refers to information of individuals, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, contact telephone, etc., which identify or may identify you, hereinafter referred to as "Personal Data or Data".
What is Personal Data Processing
Any operation or sequence of operations performed with or without the use of automated means, on personal data or on personal data sets, such as collection, registration, organization, structure, storage, adaptation or modification, retrieval , the search for information, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or any other form of disposal, association or combination, restriction, deletion or destruction.
It is mandatory to provide your Data
The mandatory or optional nature of the Data assignment is indicated by an asterisk (*) next to the personal data of a mandatory nature.
If you refuse to provide the information that is marked as mandatory on the Websites, it will be impossible to achieve the main purpose of collecting the specific Data, and it may, for example, make it impossible for the Company to fulfill the sales contract or provide the others services available on the Websites.
The provision of additional Data to the Company, in addition to those that are marked as mandatory, is optional and does not have consequences for the main purposes of data collection, but their provision serves to optimize the quality of services provided.
What Data do we collect?
We take care to collect only your absolutely necessary Data, which are appropriate and clear for the intended purpose. This Data includes the following:
Data when creating a user account on the Websites or Apps
- Required: e-mail address *, password (login password) *
Optional: name, surname, sheet, date of birth, postal address, telephone number.
Details of your transactions with us, either through our physical stores or through our online store
- For example, we collect notes from our conversations with you, details of any complaints or comments you make, details of purchases you made, products added to or removed from your cart, a list of products you wish to purchase (wish list ), coupon redemptions, websites you visit and how and when you contact us.
Shopping interests and preferences, which help us to suggest you specific products and services that interest you
- For example, which products do you prefer to receive a personalized offer from us
We will request and use only the Data we have collected to suggest products or services of interest to you and to further improve your shopping experience with us. Of course, it is always your choice if you share such information with us.
Traffic details of our website or other websites you have browsed before
Copies of the documents you provide to prove your age or identity when required by law (such as a copy of a police or student ID).
- For example these copies may include details of your full name, address, date of birth and picture of your face (photo). If you provide a passport, the details will also include your place of birth, gender and nationality.
We comply with the law and do not allow children to register on our Websites and Apps when they are under 16 years old. We will ask for the consent of the parent for the children who participate in the experiences and events of the Company.
How we use your Data
We want to offer you the best possible shopping experience. To achieve this it is necessary to obtain a complete picture of you, combining the Data we have collected. We then use your Data to offer you offers for products and services that you may be interested in.
Legislation for the protection of personal data allows us to do the above in the context of our legitimate interest and the need to understand our customers in order to provide them with a high level of service.
Of course, if you ever want to change the way we use your Data, you will find details in sections 14 & 15 "What are your rights" and "How you can exercise your rights" below.
Remember, if you choose not to share the Data with us or to refuse certain communication rights, we may not be able to provide some of the services you have requested. For example, if you asked us to let you know when a product is available again, we may not be able to help you if you have withdrawn your general consent to receive updates from us.
Finally, we know that the processing of your Data is carried out either by the specially authorized personnel of the Company, or through computer systems and electronic devices by the Company and exceptionally by third parties, who, having contractually committed to the confidentiality and protection of Your data performs tasks that are necessary to achieve the goals that are strictly related to the use of our Websites, its services and the sale of products through our Websites.
For what purpose do we process your Data?
We collect your Data for the purposes of the provided products and / or services of our Company and especially for:
a) the management of the sale of our products and / or services, e.g. your communication and information regarding the availability of products and the progress of your order, the execution of your order, the shipment of products, the management of your debts to the COMPANY, the realization of returns and the provision of guarantees.
b) compliance with the obligations imposed by the current legislation e.g. tax legislation, e-commerce directive,
c) controlling, improving and adapting to your preferences and choices regarding our products and / or services;
d) the sending, by electronic or traditional means, of administrative, technological, organizational and / or commercial information for products and / or services of the Company.
e) our customer satisfaction research, the promotion of our products and / or services, the sending of newsletters for our products and / or services.
f) the evaluation of applications and CVs for the purpose of recruitment in our Company.
What is the legal basis for the processing of your Data by the Company?
Data protection law defines a number of reasons why a company may collect and process your personal data, including: the terms of our contractual relationship
your consent, where required. For example when you choose to receive a newsletter. When collecting your personal data, we will always inform you what data is necessary in relation to a particular service.
the Company's obligations arising from the law (eg tax legislation, e-commerce legislation, etc.)
the legal interest of our Company. In certain cases, we collect your Data in a way that is reasonably expected as part of the operation of our business and that does not substantially affect your rights, freedoms or interests.
Who are the recipients of your Data - How is your Data communicated?
Access to your Data is the absolutely necessary staff of the Company, which is committed to maintaining confidentiality and our partner companies or third party service providers, who process your Data as Processors on our behalf and in accordance with our orders.
Data Disclosure by the Company
The Company shares your Data with:
- Third party service providers that process personal data on behalf of the Company, for example (indicatively mentioned) for the processing of credit cards and payments, transfers and deliveries, hosting, management and maintenance of our data, email distribution, research and analysis, management of its promotional activities brand and products, Google, Facebook, and management of certain services and components. When we use third party service providers we enter into agreements that oblige them to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data.
- Other third parties, to the extent required for the following purposes: (i) compliance with a government request, court order or applicable law; and our policies, (iii) our own protection against third party claims, and (iv) helping to prevent or investigate fraud (eg counterfeiting)
- To other third parties when you yourself have given your consent
Shared from you
- When you use certain social media items on our Websites or Apps, you can create a public profile that includes information such as username, profile picture and city. You can also share content with your friends or the general public, including information about your interaction with the Company. We encourage you to use the tools we provide to manage your use of the Company's social media in order to control the information you make available through the Company's social media data.
The following is the policy we apply to those with whom we share your Data in accordance with the above:
- We provide only the information needed to perform their specific services.
- They may use your Data only for the exact purposes set forth in our contract with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using their services, any of the data you hold will be deleted or made anonymous.
How do we ensure that Editors respect your Data?
The Executors on our behalf have agreed and committed contractually with the Company:
- to maintain confidentiality,
- not to send your Data to third parties without the permission of the Company,
- take appropriate security measures,
- comply with the legal framework for the protection of personal data and in particular Regulation 979/2016 / EU (otherwise GDPR).
How long do we keep your Data?
Some examples of customer data retention periods:
When you place an order, we will retain the personal information you have given us for five years so that we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations. In the case of some products, such as electrical items, we will keep the data for 10 years.
If your order included a warranty, the relevant personal data will be retained until the end of the warranty period.
Is your Data secure?
We are committed to safeguarding your Personal Data.
Recognizing the importance of the security of your Personal Data, we have taken all appropriate organizational and technical measures to secure and protect your Data from any form of accidental or improper processing. We use the most modern and advanced methods, to ensure maximum safety.
The website www.petroemporiki.gr uses the TLS protocol, for secure online commercial transactions. This encrypts all the Data you provide, including your credit card number, name and address, so that it can not be decrypted or changed when you transfer it over the Internet.
Additionally, the information used to identify you as an account user is twofold: the Password and the Personal Security Code (Password). Each time you enter your details, you are given access to your personal account. This process is achieved securely through encryption during their transfer to the Internet and the servers of the Company. By the same token, you are allowed to change your Personal Security Password as often as you wish. After entering the desired code, the new code is coded and stored in the Company's systems. For this reason, you are the only one who knows your password and you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password by third parties.
These measures shall be reviewed and amended as necessary.